It is great to see all the construction and new businesses in Lakeland, Tennessee. Several new businesses have arrived in the Northern stretch of Highway 64 in the past few weeks. Krystal, Starbucks, Marco’s Pizza, and the soon to be relocated Waffle House have brought new places to eat (and tax dollars) to our fair town.
5 New Businesses in Lakeland
- Krystal has moved in on Hwy. 64 just East of Canada/Houston Levee on the Lakeland side of the road. It seems to be busy and always good to have a Krystal nearby for those hot little squares of heaven (especially at midnight.)
- Starbucks Opened on October 6 at the Country Bridge Shopping Center on Hwy 64 in front of Sprouts. I was one of the first people there in search of the heavenly Pumpkin Spice Latte. Also had a yummy bacon and gouda sandwich. Would love to have seen some Grand Opening specials (are you listening Starbucks people?) Great to have a Starbucks in our town!!
- Marco’s Pizza is opening this weekend right next door to the new Starbucks. I had this pizza last month in Germantown and it was one of the best pie’s I’ve had in a while (and that is saying something.)
The toppings were generous and the crust was just right. I know we have several pizza places around now but I think this one is a little more expensive but better quality than the typical pizza chain. I heard they are good about putting out coupons too.
- Waffle House is relocating from their current location at Canada Road and I-40 to Hwy. 64 between Davies Plantation Road and Canada/Houston Levee. It will share a drive with Gateway Tire so you can go grab a waffle and covered, smothered hashbrowns while having your oil changed and tires rotated. The new design of the I-40 exit ramps took away the easy entrance to Waffle House so they just started from scratch a mile or so down the road. I’m sure it will be as yummy and busy as the old location once they get up and running in a few weeks.
- The Country Bridge Shopping Center is looking great and still looking for one anchor tenant for the big space in the middle. What would you like to see there?
Remember to support our Lakeland businesses to keep our city growing and our tax base strong!