The winter time is a common time to get your home ready to list as you start thinking about selling your home in the Spring Selling Season.
Here are 5 steps you can take 3-6 months before listing that will make the process easier for you.
5 steps to get your home ready to list
1. Make sure your house is in Great Condition including checking systems (HVAC, Electrical, roof) and repair where necessary. You may want to have the home professionally inspected to make sure there are no surprises and make any inspector recommended repairs prior to listing.
2. Take extra care when painting the front porch and door because this is the “first impression zone” and should be fresh and clean. Paint and replace any rotten wood. Neutralize any bold colors and replace worn carpet.
3. Speak to a Listing Agent who is LOCAL to your area. They should help with staging, recommend any services you need (Painters, Electricians, etc.) make a marketing plan and help set a target price for listing. You should get statistical information like list price to sales price ratios, days on market averages, and price per square foot in your area. Get references from your friends or their prior clients and CALL them to see if you have a good rapport.
4. Get the facts together. How many square feet is your house? How old is your roof? HVAC? Flooring? Have there been any major repairs or remodeling projects done in your ownership? All of these things will need to be disclosed to the potential owners when you list the home.
5. Pre-pack- Start packing your home. You will only have 30-45 days typically to do so when you sell your home and will give yourself a big jump start if you will pack ½ of your home before you list it. Pack your attic, storage building, closets, and off season clothes. This will also make your home and closets look larger.
If you will do these 5 things to get your home ready to list, you will be well on your way to a smooth home sale.
Preparation is key to making a quick transition to your new home.
Need help? Call or email me.