One of the most important aspects of getting your yard ready for real estate showings is the landscaping to increase curb appeal. Curb appeal can make or break the listing pictures and a nicely manicured lawn can encourage a web surfer to click through the primary picture and look inside.
How to increase curb appeal
Here are the basics to a good looking lawn for the perfect picture:
- Clean up– Make sure all those leaves are cleaned out of the flower bed and the weeds are pulled
- Mulch– put down fresh black mulch to make the landscaping pop
- Cut, Fertilize, Weed and Edge– Green grass, no weeds and a nice edge will make your yard look super neat
- Power Wash– Gutters and sidewalks can be dingy after a long winter. Make sure hardscapes are clean and it will add that extra touch. Clean leaves out of the gutters.
- Trim– Shape the bushes and cut the trees back to allow best view of the home in the pictures
- Lighting– make sure landscape lighting is working and it good condition so it will look good at night too
- Color– Plant flowers in beds and pots at the front door to make the entry way inviting
- Windows– Clean those windows to make the home sparkle
- Deck & Patio– make sure the back yard is also in top notch condition by cleaning or power washing there too. Replace any rotten wood on the deck and stain if needed.
- Fence– Make sure the fence is in good condition and replace any rotten wood. This is very important for those buyers who have pets. Make sure your gates are working properly.
Details matter when selling your home. The better you can make the home look on the outside the more people you will get to come inside. These details will make buyers know you care about the appearance of your home and those are the homes that sell the fastest and for the most money.
Call or text me today for your free staging and pre-listing appointment.